rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is English Teaching still viable?

Is English Teaching still viable?

If I get a new gig, I will have to get my CELTA because I only did 60 hours with Oxford Seminars and can't simply upgrade with another 60 hours.

This school year I jumped ship to some people I had worked with previously. It's a brand new school in the middle of nowhere, which has it's ups and downs. For one, it allows me to keep a low profile while all the political bullshit blows over. I get a meal allowance for the cafeteria (and the 10RMB won ton soups are tasty) but raw food is really cheap, like 2 bucks a pound for pork or chicken, and 10 bucks gets me a bag of vegetables that could last a week.

Public universities pay pretty crappy. K-3 can pay surprisingly well, but it's not really my thing so I stick to high school 10-12. However, my school is part of a larger organization and I will have rug rats one day a week. Next year I want to try to get into teacher training and hit them up for a raise.

Messages In This Thread