rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is English Teaching still viable?

Is English Teaching still viable?

Quote: (12-12-2018 08:50 PM)BaatumMania Wrote:  

BTW - if you have a cushion / substantial savings then you're probably better off figuring out how to make money from English Teaching online. At least teaching Online nobody can dick you around on things like authentication / Apostle fees, visa fees, airflights (which potential bosses probably won't reimburse), currency conversion & remittance fees and so on.

Still I'm not entirely sure what's a safe reliable place for online teaching. In Georgia I went through a good number of brownouts / no water / no internet periods. Philippines is supposedly like that too. I think just Thailand and Taiwan are cheap countries with reliable infrastructure.

Were these brownouts in Tblisi or somewhere else such as Batumi? I've considered looking into the Caucasus and non-East Asian nations (Central/Eastern Europe, Middle East/North Africa) but due to their less prevalent presence online information is scarce. The only real ESL information I can gather on Georgia for instance is the government program and a few people writing about their time with the Peace Corps, which is helpful to have don't get me wrong but the sheer size of information on working abroad favors places like the Philippines, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, etc.

Thailand and Taiwan would be the most plausible, yeah. Japan too, depending on the exchange rate and where you live. The interesting thing about Japan that I'm sure many realize once there is it fits all budgets. Want to live in luxury in Tokyo? You can do that. Want to live in Sapporo, Osaka, Okinawa Islands, etc and live a cheaper lifestyle? You can do that too. If you share an apartment and cook for yourself I imagine you can live a relatively cheap lifestyle in Japan for under $2000/mo.

Messages In This Thread