rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to get people to listen to me?

How to get people to listen to me?

Some of my own experience from successful storytelling I've told. I've told a lot of bad stories in my day:

Pause before you tell the story and while everybody has their attention focused on you- This builds mild suspense and allows you a moment to calibrate your own energy. That said...

Express positive energy- Be animated with your hands, know when to increase tone of voice.

Believe in the story- You really need to believe that your story is interesting and show people that. Again, this is expressed in your tone and confidence.

Pause before ending the story/delivering a punchline This leads back to suspense. Even if the people who were listening weren't actually aware of the words, they'll realize they're about to get the "moral" of the story when you set up that indicator.

You want to be like that ancient storyteller at the campfire who was the equivalent of television or internet back when electricity, writing, and plays didn't exist.

Messages In This Thread