rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone have experience hiring an animator?

Anyone have experience hiring an animator?

I’m in the process of putting together a trailer and 2 episodes for Youtube and am looking for some advice in finding specific talent.

The talent I’m looking for is:
•an animator
•someone competent in using Adobe Aftereffects

My goal is to emulate the quality/style of the Vox channel - here’s kinda what I’m going for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNla9nyRMmQ.

Thus far I have 1 video project under my belt. I took on the job (for free) specifically to attain some competence in filmmaking. I worked hard and am proud of the video I made, along the way I learned how to use a DSLR camera for the 1st time, a gimbal, shotgun mic and Premiere Pro.

At the moment I’m putting together a script/treatment for 2 episodes and a trailer.

I don’t think I’ll have a problem w/ filming, and I think I’ll be able to learn the very basics of Adobe Aftereffects, but animations make me nervous.

My timeline to have the above filmed and postproduction started is Aug/Sept 2019.

I Googled “freelance animation work” and Upwork.com came up as most along the lines of what I’m looking for.

The way I figure, I can try to a find an animator a few different ways:
•Go to an animator convention and network – anybody know a good one?
•Network in and around graphic design type schools
•Facebook groups – anybody know a good one?
•Use something like “UpWork.com” - has anybody used this site before?
•Physically go to the Vox office in Brooklyn and try to meet their Art Director
•Ask friends/family/co-workers, etc

I don’t mind paying for quality work, but what is a reasonable price? Would you pay per hour, or lump sum?

In an ideal world, I’d like to find hungry people in their early 20s who’d work inexpensively to build their portfolio (as well as my own). If I found enough of these people, I would solicit a few of them to do the same project (assuming it’s not too expensive) and let the cream rise to the top.

Anybody have specific insight they’d be willing to share?

Bless.

Messages In This Thread