rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Millennials Are Causing the U.S. Divorce Rate to Plummet

Millennials Are Causing the U.S. Divorce Rate to Plummet

I also think lower marriage rates are the main factor.

Take a look at the marriage rates for registered Republicans and Democrats in Maryland:

Married Democrats: 148,438
Unmarried Democrats: 363,574
41% married

Married Republicans: 424,709
Unmarried Republicans: 38,282
90% married

I believe the divorce rate for Repulicans and Democrats is about the same, though if as many Democrats married as Republicans the balance would no doubt shift.

But I think the younger generation will be more conservative. They have lived through leaner times and are going to become leaner.

We've lived in the first ever era when people could turn off reproduction and have lots of instant gratification over building long-term value - and there isn't much more long-term than family.

So I think people who would have been a bit conservative if they'd been born 20 years earlier will now become more conservative.

Then there is also the drying up of the bang market for more guys (as evidenced in other threads). Anyone who can have a lot of sex, will and those that can't will gravitate to getting one girl locked down.

We've also been living in a time where left-wing people have fewer children and there is a correlation between genes and political leanings. It's even stronger when you take into account parenting,

There's been a lot said about the fertility rates of Western countries dropping. But on a closer examiniation, it's just the left.

Maryland state fertility rate by political affiliation:

Republican = 1.99
Democrat = 1.62

Children 18 and under of voters registered to political parties:

Republican: 541,806
Democrat: 485,400

The 2016 Presidential election in Maryland saw 60% of votes for Hillary vs. 34% to Trump.

Looking at a local level -

Prince George's County, Maryland voted for Hillary 88% to Trump's 8%. Here the Democratic fertility rate is 1.22, or about 55% of replacement rate.

Garnett County, Maryland voted 77% for Trump to Hillary's 18%. Here the Republican fertility rate is 2.21.

Their desire to have children is lower and they are now making life decisions that make it increasingly likely they won't have children. But for all of history they had little choice but to procreate.

[Image: 2whFs6M.jpg]

On a long enough time line the survival rate for leftists drops to zero.

Messages In This Thread