rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What countries/cities are the best to experience while very young? (18-25)

What countries/cities are the best to experience while very young? (18-25)

Quote: (01-11-2019 09:25 AM)victor2 Wrote:  

Quote: (01-06-2019 02:06 PM)Graft Wrote:  

1. Save up $10-20k and immediately move to an island in Thailand known for American/European partiers and an expat community. This is going to be the closest thing to a college experience, the people there will be living a carefree nomadic lifestyle, open to meeting other Americans, with constant vacationers and ragers. This type of experience is clearly important to you, I can see you getting more and more unhinged in your posts because of this missing piece in your past.

Can you name some of those islands?

The problem of Thailand is all the popular island names contain "Koh" in them so it's confusing as heck. Phi Phi is the only place I remember well because it's super famous due to a movie. All the other places blend together because they're fundamentally the same: long stretch of beach, same kind of food and occasionally things like "magic milkshakes" (you can fly higher than a kite if that's your aim).

But I definitely went to two islands that had fairly large Scandinavian populations and had Swedish restaurants catering to them too. I think it may had been Koh Lanta and Koh Samui. But nowadays it seems like vlogs indicate the Thai Islands have shifted into a couples' destination and a lot of the moon parties seem sausages fest like (whereas in the 2000s when I went the ratio was like 3 white women for each western guy. Guys didn't care about the beach much in the 2000s and arguably still don't. They just go to the Thai islands to look for sex. Social media in a nutshell ruined the Thai Islands just like Kiev?).

But all over SEA you meet Scandinavians. Even a random hotel in Saigon I met some Norwegian women and went drinking with them.

Messages In This Thread