rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Shooting in Birmingham Alabama mall and opinion on law enforcement

Shooting in Birmingham Alabama mall and opinion on law enforcement

Before I say this I would like to include: I support the Police almost 100%, especially in Birmingham because of the high crime rate. I lost multiple friends to gunfire and the police were the ones to bring the killers to justice. I'm also a full supporter of gun rights as like I said, Birmingham is a dangerous place so you have to be safe.

However
http://www.wbrc.com/2018/11/23/security-...WKEMvg9q4w

Basically
Quote:Quote:

Hoover police say the 21-year-old shooting suspect Thursday night that was shot and killed at Riverchase Galleria “likely did not fire the rounds” that injured an 18-year-old victim.

Hoover police say investigators believe that more than two individuals were involved in the initial altercation, including the initial suspect, 21-year-old Emantic Fitzgerald Bradford Jr. of Hueytown. This new information indicates at least one gunman still at-large who could be responsible for the shooting.

Police says Bradford was fleeing the scene while brandishing a handgun, was engaged, shot and killed by a uniformed Hoover police officer. This new information comes after Jefferson County’s Sheriff’s Office investigators and crime scene technicians interviewed numerous individuals and examined several critical evidence.

Hoover police say the shooting occurred around 9:30 p.m. and was a result of a physical altercation involving two adults near Footaction. Bradford was pronounced dead at the scene at 10:11 p.m.

The gunman shot an 18-year-old male twice. A 12-year-old female was struck, though it is unclear when it occurred.

Ej was a childhood friend of mines whom I saw and talked to maybe 3-4 weeks ago. He was in the army and wasn't known for any crazy actions, stupid childish actions but definitely not harmful or crazy actions. The other guy brian, that got shot was also a childhood friend and I even grew to coach him in basketball. Seems the 2 got into a fight with another group and the other group shot Brian. EJ ran away while having his gun out and was shot and killed by the police.

I'm conflicted about the event as I support the police, but I feel this event could have been handled differently. I also completely understand that in the moment even with intense training things go wrong and you have to act in the moment as calmly a possible.

All day the news reported that EJ was the shooter and his name was almost tarnished to the point where I even viewed him differently.

I didn't want to make a post but I wanted to see the forum members opinion not only on this but on police training, brutality (although I wouldn't view this as police brutality), and on law enforcement in general.

Sorry if there is a post out there like this already, Its a rough day.

Messages In This Thread