rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are friendships more normal and genuine outside of USA/anglosphere?

Are friendships more normal and genuine outside of USA/anglosphere?

In China, I'd say friendships are sorta tenuous. A lot of it is just about who you grew up with. After that, it mostly boils down to "what can this person do for me?"

It seems genuine since you're constantly escalating favors for each other, but also feels disingenuous since it's just an exchange of resources.

Back home, I don't have many friends but we mostly talk about the difficult things when we talk. We even argue sometimes, but I feel like we battle with each other since we're actually cool. Like if I say something shady and get called for it, I can accept that.

Generally, I'm past the point of maintaining DOA friendships. If we got a reason to talk, let's talk. Otherwise I'll spare us both the wankery.

Verdict: Your real friends in USA are always your real friends. Your Chinese friends need to be handled cautiously until you know he isn't a flighty bastard.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Messages In This Thread