rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are friendships more normal and genuine outside of USA/anglosphere?

Are friendships more normal and genuine outside of USA/anglosphere?

When I lived in Korea it was 100% social circle there. People would mainly hangout with people from work (and even go drinking with their bosses). Retired men I knew complained about extreme loneliness because work colleagues forget they exist after they stopped coming to work. So to me Korean friendships seem very shallow. "Changed jobs / retired? You're not my friend anymore!". This might factor into the country's high suicide rate.

It's harder to pin down Georgia. I never really saw workers hanging out with each other much. And I get their impression their friends are often from an early clique (such as elementary school) or even their relatives. Then they work a lot but don't seem to be warm with each other.

Then in Taiwan - there kind of seems to be a lot of loners here. Pop in into any 7-11 / Family Mart or even walk past a neighborhood bar (not a tourist trap like Brass Monkey) and one can see many solo man / solo woman just chilling. In some ways I prefer this over what I saw in Korea (Koreans would never do anything alone so you would get a group of 4 guys walking into a Family Mart and start shouting among themselves).

Messages In This Thread