rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Faux leather jacket

Faux leather jacket

Quote: (01-04-2019 12:50 PM)PolymathGuru Wrote:  

Quote: (11-21-2018 05:36 PM)mcw78912 Wrote:  

Quote: (11-21-2018 01:50 PM)joecolombia Wrote:  

For me, faux leather is a big no no. If you want to rock the leather jacket look, you have to commit to the outfit. A faux leather jacket will only end up looking cheap and ruin the look, plus pleather starts peeling off after a while, making it look even worse.

The color highly depends on your wardrobe. I would get a dark brown one but its only because im more of a brown shoes type of guy.

Also, buying a jacket online is a big bet. Since it is quite an investment, I would try it out in person. That way you´ll see the cuff lenght, shoulder length and overall cut better. Since it is quite an investment, it is better to choose a timeless piece; one that only will get better with time.

Thanks Joe and Stalin for the input, appreciate it. Yes, dark brown is what I was thinking on getting, and you both seem to support this. I mostly wear brown shoes as well, usually wear magnannis or allen edmonds.

Leather is great and I agree with what you mentioned, and I have no problems investing in a good jacket. Thing is, the temperature rarely dips below 55F where I live. I'll look in to some of the dark brown leather options. Thanks.

p.s.: What's the main thread you're referring to, the "Fashion and style lounge" thread under the Life sub-forum?

I wouldn't knock the pleather jackets off so quickly. The quality of leather jackets can wildly vary. It used to be true that all pleather jackets were crap and a complete waste of money. You would've been better off saving your money getting the real thing.

But we live in the age when craftsmanship is placed as an after thought to marketing. One little scheme you may see marketed is "Genuine Leather" as a way sell bottom of the barrel quality leather and sell it at a premium.

If you are going to buy a leather jacket, look into buying an older and used jacket. The wear and tear will show the quality of the build of of the jacket. In addition, it gives it a bit of character.

If you buy a new leather jacket, ALWAYS buy it in person. You want to get a feeling for the thickness of the jacket to see if its durable. Just because a jacket is more expensive does not mean it is a good jacket. But there is no such thing as cheap leather jacket that is high quality.

As far as pleather jackets, the upside is less maintenance and costs less. The downside is buying a pleather jacket will always be tackier than a real leather jacket and never have that leather feel when you wear it.

My advice is to put the durability and fashion image before anything else.

Excellent points, Polymathguru. I 100% agree regarding looking into durability and style.

Messages In This Thread