rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Please explain to me where this 80/20, Chad theory comes from

Please explain to me where this 80/20, Chad theory comes from

Quote: (12-05-2018 05:08 PM)BadBoyGamer Wrote:  

@ Professor When

There are two things being discussed. One is Game and another is Red Pill. When we talk about Corey it is a Red Pill discussion. It has very little or nothing to do with Game. Corey does not have Game. He is not an example for Game. He is at best an example to support some obscure Red Pill theory few people know or care about.

Game is the skill to seduce girls and anyone can learn it. It has been shown to work countless times. And it basically comes down to talking to girls. Something that very few guys do. Game is about approaching girls and beginning a conversation. Trying to attract her and eventually sleeping with her.

(I say it very simplistic here and dislike disclaimers.)

Best thing to do is read as much as possible and then decide for yourself how you think about it. I highly suggest you use search function to find a list of books and other reading materials and then dive in.

For the purpose of attracting and sleeping with girls this whole discussion is irrelevant. It is purely theoretical. Just learn Game and enjoy those hotties.

That does make more sense. I'm wholly willing to accept that I don't understand the finer distinctions, but that's why I'm asking for tangible examples. As I see it, there is some conflation of the two concepts: if alphas are men that women want, then calling Corey an example of an alpha implies that men like him are what women want.

Or are you talking about the 80/20 thing being the obscure redpill idea? That I totally understand. As I see it, it's just illustrative of the fact that technological and social progression has cut off avenues by which many men could achieve attractiveness (i.e. being a provider) and therefore allowed women to gravitate towards more skewed metric such as physical attractiveness. I'm sure that if asked, any guy would want a harem of 10s attending to his every whim. But the reality of the effort involved, question of ulterior motives, and the natural upper limit of ones potential keeps men more realistic. In a "perfect" world, from a women's perspective, they would only sleep with the top men. They just have less reality keeping them in check with dial-a-dick existing. I certainly hope no one thinks it's literally 20% of men sleeping with most women.

But, on the idea of desirability, I believe it is necessary to be critical of what makes game. I can give you a very unique perspective on this: I'm a 28 year old virgin, but due to a few hormonal issues that I've recently gotten under control, I had no actual sex drive. I wasn't some sperg failing at asking women out during high school and, if you'll take my word on it, it was not an issue of sour grapes. Most of my life I've been a funny, confident person. I was just unable to relate to people on more than a surface level, but everyone got along with me when I had to interact with them and they seemed to like me. Then I started trying to ask women out.

The punchline is that keeping up that same confident, joking persona gave me zero success. It was a palpable change in tone when I moved from just casual conversation to asking a woman out. I wasn't doing it in a creepy way - really simple stuff like "let's go get a drink/coffee/movie." I also weighed 480lbs at the time. I'd say connecting the dots is rather simple here. I also notice a conspicuous lack of ugly PUAs with any success (I saw your thread about 'the rat,' but I'd like to see more than hearsay). Put this together and that is what casts doubt on the actual effectiveness of game. And then we come full circle to the 80/20 thing: the small subset of guys that have the capacity to attract women naturally must have a fairly large intersection with those that "just need game."

I will keep reading this forum and game literature while I focus on getting my shit together, but I will also interrogate the facts and assertions presented.

Messages In This Thread