rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Please explain to me where this 80/20, Chad theory comes from

Please explain to me where this 80/20, Chad theory comes from

This discussion about Corey Worthington really calls into question the entire concept of game. And I really want game to be a real thing, since it means I have a shot. But when I saw the original article about him being "alpha buddha" I was taken aback. I have dealt with these borderline retarded (as in just above 80 iq), flat affect rejects for a lot of my life. They're the kind of people that like to start shit with the introvert pariahs like me, in high school. They really are too damn stupid to be attributed any form of agency. I had this one guy pick a fight with me on 3 separate occasions and I left him with a bloody nose, a broken finger, and missing teeth; he just didn't get it. That doesn't make him tough, just dumb. Same deal with Corey. I wouldn't call a guy that jumps off a cliff because he saw Wile. E. Coyote do it "brave."

The fact that there are people saying that he epitomizes what alpha behavior is serves as an indictment of the efficacy of game. When I watch that clip I see someone barely able to grasp his situation, not someone in control. I really have to wonder, in that case, if game has any worth beyond the basics of "don't be a pussy" and "improve yourself." In the back of my mind I always have to wonder if the people here that are successful would be successful without the in-depth analysis of game. Conversely, I wonder if those you dismiss as not having the right "frame" or similar could even be helped by embracing the finer nuances of game at all.

It kind of reminds me of acupuncture: Some of it has demonstrable physiological effects (this is being confident and bettering one's self), however as far as a medical remedy goes, including all of the modern branches and disciplines, it is dubious (this is where I'd file things like positive energy, frame, and a lot of the other nebulous concepts). The reality is that some people get cancer and some of those people recover. Some of the people that get cancer and recover also tried acupuncture. That does not mean acupuncture cured them. There's no good method to prove it one way or another as far as game is concerned, but it is something we should consider.

That's where I think the idea of 80/20 comes in. A minority of people will naturally have success because of what they are and that is that. Sure, there are some borderline cases where a guy is mentally blocked because he is so shy that he never approaches a woman, but if he did he would succeed. Then you have a guy like me: approach anxiety was barely an issue for me, I never just tuck my tail between my legs and take abuse, but I'm also fairly repulsive to women. I can certainly improve my social skills and appearance, but given my lack of even marginal success, I'll probably always be the second choice. I want game to be a thing because it means that I can learn how to be attractive, but I am dubious.

Messages In This Thread