rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Please explain to me where this 80/20, Chad theory comes from

Please explain to me where this 80/20, Chad theory comes from

Quote: (11-23-2018 08:25 PM)tugofpeace Wrote:  

Quote: (11-23-2018 08:15 PM)mpr Wrote:  

I'm surprised at the amount of RVFer's saying things like: 'you shouldn't take the 80/20 rule literally'. According to the data we absolutely should take the 80/20 rule literally. Above is a graph from data collected by OkCupid where they ask female users to rate men according to their attractiveness. The results showed that the women using the site rated 81% of male users as less attractive than average. Which is mathematically impossible, and corresponds exactly to a gini distribution. Males on the other hand rated female attractiveness on a normal bell curve. With roughly have of the women being more attractive than average and half being less attractive than average.

According to all of the research data I've seen dating markets mimic unregulated financial markets. With the gini distribution (80/20) in full effect. If anyone has some reliable data (not personal anecdotes) to contradict this I'd be interested in seeing it.

The problem OP is having is that he's confusing attractiveness with SMV. A fat badly dress Chicago Hedge fund manager can still have a high enough SMV to allow him to pull hot chicks if he's a multimillionaire. Especially if they're the poor or recently arrived immigrant types; and there's a lot of those type of people in Chicago. As well as Instagram lifestyle whores.

Explain this to me - let's say a guy is a famous actor, for example, like johnny depp. except he's literally a 2 or 3 out of 10. ugly facial features, small pecker, 25-30% bodyfat, balding, poor fashion sense, yellow teeth, bad breath, etc. But he's extremely famous, has hundreds of millions of dollars, great personality as well.

from all that you could conclude that his SMV when considering looks alone is very low, but with all the other things, it's very high - however, are you telling me that when this guy decides to sleep with a woman, she is actually sexually attracted to him? you're telling me she would give him a rimjob, swallow his cum, let him facefuck and degrade her etc, as if it were brad pitt or johnny depp? and if she would just because of who he is, do you think deep down, she actually enjoys it, or is she actually disgusted by it but lets it happen because of who he is?

THAT'S what I really don't get. You can say a man's SMV is high because of game/status/money/personality despite his shitty looks, but for a woman who dates him, is she actually physically attracted to him during the act? or is their attraction methodology completely different? Is it that because of all his other attributes, she actually isn't repulsed by the idea of doing disgusting things in bed for him? does his dick taste better to her because of his other traits?

For me at least, I don't care how much money or status or game or personality a woman has, if she's a 2/10, you couldn't PAY me to go near her and eat her out, for example.

Will a woman like that be willing to do what it takes to sexually satisfy an ugly high smv man? Depends on the woman. But the man is in high demand. So if she won't he can easily find a woman who will. Take a trip to the Philippines sometime, or even just somewhere in Europe where prostitution is legal. You'd be shocked at what some attractive women are willing to do to disgusting old men for a couple of dollars.

I don't know if the women are actually attracted to these guys. Considering that women are wired differently than men it's possible. Quite frankly I don't think the guys care. They're just happy that they can bang hot women. Long before Melania Trump became our first lady a reporter interviewing her said: "You wouldn't have married Donald Trump if he wasn't rich!" She simply replied: "Of course. And he wouldn't have married me if I wasn't beautiful."

"Those who will not risk cannot win." -John Paul Jones

Messages In This Thread