rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Please explain to me where this 80/20, Chad theory comes from

Please explain to me where this 80/20, Chad theory comes from

[Image: XPFYOPZ.png]

I'm surprised at the amount of RVFer's saying things like: 'you shouldn't take the 80/20 rule literally'. According to the data we absolutely should take the 80/20 rule literally. Above is a graph from data collected by OkCupid where they ask female users to rate men according to their attractiveness. The results showed that the women using the site rated 81% of male users as less attractive than average. Which is mathematically impossible, and corresponds exactly to a gini distribution. Males on the other hand rated female attractiveness on a normal bell curve. With roughly have of the women being more attractive than average and half being less attractive than average.

According to all of the research data I've seen dating markets mimic unregulated financial markets. With the gini distribution (80/20) in full effect. If anyone has some reliable data (not personal anecdotes) to contradict this I'd be interested in seeing it.

[Image: Gabe-Newell-Ladies-Man.jpg]
The problem OP is having is that he's confusing attractiveness with SMV. A fat badly dress Chicago Hedge fund manager can still have a high enough SMV to allow him to pull hot chicks if he's a multimillionaire. Especially if they're poor or recently arrived immigrant types; and there's a lot of those type of people in Chicago. As well as Instagram lifestyle whores.

"Those who will not risk cannot win." -John Paul Jones

Messages In This Thread