rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should You Tip Waitresses?

Should You Tip Waitresses?

Actually I've worked in a service job with tips and to this day I leave 10% and often 0% (especially if eating alone without others to judge me).

Thing is I saw it as a job ~ not as a replacement for a career or a livelihood. Problem is a lot of people are enabling other to make bad lifestyle choices. It's the same culture where people let heroin and meth junkies live their lives without interference (until they commit crime to fund their habit). I apologize if this is an analogy fallacy.

If you're making $40,000 a year at age 18 from tips you have no incentive to study or attain a real livelihood. Then when 18 year old later becomes unemployable (because of aging or maybe a service sector decline) then they're just going to whine, will collect welfare (for them and probably their 1-4 kids) and possibly even resort to crime.

Messages In This Thread