rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should You Tip Waitresses?

Should You Tip Waitresses?

Heartiste did a recent post: The Case Against Tipping

https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2018/11/...t-tipping/

The post makes the case that tipping is largely a wealth transfer to women, since most waitresses are women. We don't tip male dominated professions, and in major cities the wait staff is mostly women, gays, and "vibrants" (Heartiste's word).

Pretty interesting debate in the comments section too. People talk about those iPad checkouts where they ask for a tip or "services fees" added to delivery that don't actually go to the driver. Some guys talk about tipping more if the waiter is male or white. Some argue tipping allows you to reward good service, and incentives like tipping are the reason we get better service in America.

My favorite comment:
Quote:Quote:

“Tipping never got a man laid”

BUT: Not tipping can get a man laid.

Lesson in there.

It got me thinking - is there a better way to handle tipping? Is there a game way to do it? A way you could use your tip (heh) or lack of tip to game people?

My 2 cents - I'm considering stopping tipping in places I plan to never visit again, and tipping extra in places I'm a regular. This way I'm spending the same amount, but using my money to build goodwill in places I like, rather then throwing it away on dives I visit while traveling.

What do you think? How do you tip (or not tip)?

Messages In This Thread