rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best European country for Americans + Real estate opportunities

Best European country for Americans + Real estate opportunities

With regard to real estate some banks in the Ukraine take back properties that have mortgage defaults/bankruptcies (as banks do in the west) and post the properties in their websites. I have seen some fairly nice cheap places on the sites.
This link takes you to one bank asset sale window...you'll need translate to english for the page..and input real estate parameters http://zalog.aval.ua/

I (hope) the properties have proper title, surveys and no liens etc etc... because the "bank owns them".

That said I have talked to some foreign property owners that are stuck with overpriced apartments/flats because the bottom fell out of the market and the bottom (may never in our lifetime) be reached before the market goes back up.

The last time I looked the Bank of the Ukraine has set it's prime rate to 20%. This will affect the real estate market of course..for the locals and if a foreign buyer has cash for 100% purchase price he/she may scoop a sweet heart bargain.(if the property was at the bottom of the cycle)

The flip side to a high prime rate is that BONDS in the Ukraine are going for around 15% .......you can't get that rate of return on investment currently with real estate or some businesses.
Foreigners can open bank accounts and buy these bonds. (deposits are guaranteed by Ukraine gov to 250,000 rph...you may need a few banks)
Example (BANK AVAL)
“Savings” Deposit
UAH
Amount of Deposit..... 3 months...6 months ...367 days
up to UAH 200 000..... 12,00%....14,00%... 11,25%
UAH 200 000 and more.....13,00%...15,00%... 11,50%

Other tidbits.....Ukraine doesn't do duo citizenship....meaning you marry a Ukrainian girl you have to decide which country you want to be a citizen of and you can only choose one country. Meaning if anyone is thinking of marrying the sweet village girl and moving into a Kiev apartment it may be your "vacation home"...not where you raise kids.

The tax rate is 20% on income in the Ukraine the Ukraine has tax treaties with various countries (most western ones)

Messages In This Thread