rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New Data Confirms "Cool Wine Aunts" Are Suicidally Depressed Alcoholics

New Data Confirms "Cool Wine Aunts" Are Suicidally Depressed Alcoholics

Good to see this article. Usually the media avoids stuff like this because they don't want to offend advertisers, a lot of whom are liquor brands.

I want to single out one paragraph:

"Drinking can lead to cancers all along the digestive tract, from the mouth to the colon. About 15 percent of U.S. breast cancer cases are considered to be caused by alcohol. A third of those cases affected women who drank 1.5 drinks or less a week, according to a 2013 report in the American Journal of Public Health."

People think in binaries, so we always think "Alcohol = alcoholism," and don't associate it with digestive tract problems. For that we think bad food = digestive problems.

But overuse of alcohol can be like lighting the digestive tract on fire. Before you get cancer, you deal with all sorts of other issues. A big one is hiatal hernias, which screw up your stomach and esophagus. I know someone who drank heavily and got this, but is in denial and claims he ate too much steak in childhood (i.e. 20 years before the diagnosis).

Moderation in everything because you pay a price for everything, good or bad.

Messages In This Thread