rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lessons I Learned About Pickup/Women After 8 Years Hustling pt. 1

Lessons I Learned About Pickup/Women After 8 Years Hustling pt. 1

I've said this before - but, pickup is a tool or a skill, not a lifestyle.

Specifically, it's a tool/skill mainly for guys that don't have social circles or other avenues to tap into girls. It can also be an additional avenue to tap into girls if you already have those areas covered. (pickup does also have ancillary benefits like improving social skills, creativity, confidence and other areas)

All most guys really need to be able to do with that skill, is to be able to walk up to a girl and talk to her in a calibrated way - and to be able to know how to escalate to get a number/date/sex or relationship if need be. That's it. That will get you 95% of the way to getting what you want. Marketing from pickup companies who want to make money has distorted that and confused guys

Once you are at that point, if you keep putting more time into it, you reach diminishing returns and you also face the opportunity cost that all this time you are putting into pickup you could be putting time into other skills and facets of your life that are going to support you and help your grow in a lot more of a rounded way as you get older.

Like everything in life - have a balance and use the tool in a way that suits you. You might use it more heavily at different points of your life more intensely than other points.

But, overall, if you want to get the most out of life, you certainly don't want to be in your mid to late 30's or older, and only have pickup as your only skill or the definition of your life

Build up the other areas of your life such as career, money, health, social etc. - it's simple logic where it gives you more strings to your bow and more flexibility going forward

Use pickup and cold approach in a way that gives you maximum returns in terms of happiness, sex and relationships - don't let it use you and eat you up

Messages In This Thread