rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Work situation - how to leave gracefully

Work situation - how to leave gracefully

Quote: (11-18-2018 10:41 AM)oilbreh Wrote:  

Do places ever actually call for references to an old company? I feel like that's the biggest bullshit everyone believes in. I've had several people ask to use me as reference and I never got a call..

We were on boarding about 40-50 new employees every month.
Consider that number times 4 or times 7 (number of shortlisted candidates that actually get the job).
Imagine emails and calls and feedback. It would be insane to check up on 250 people each month. However! Sometimes info leaks that isn't to candidates advantage (usually some rumors or 1st impression - this can be such triviality it's insane - i should write a separate chapter for this alone) and hr doesnt want person x, but because person y is higher up and is going to work daily with person x that higher up can override easily.

Even in later rounds hr rarely has time to actually background check the candidate. If your story fits+linkdin+persuasive interview you are good to go. Aint nobody got time for dat to call up 1 or 2 employers from your cv.

If you interview on recommendation then nobody bothers because some (usually higher up) person vouches for you anyway.
Hope this helps, if anyone has any more questions, ill answer.

Messages In This Thread