rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Who should play (the new) Jack Reacher?

Who should play (the new) Jack Reacher?

Quote: (11-19-2018 04:46 PM)Going strong Wrote:  

Quote: (11-19-2018 07:38 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (11-19-2018 07:20 AM)Roardog Wrote:  

I love the books as a fun, easy, light read. Many of you guys are taking them way too seriously.

I concur with this. I liked many Reacher books, they are fiction so why all the hooplah with the other commentators?

"a fun, easy, light read"? As I said above, I read one Jack Reacher book, the one with the square plain-Jane middle-aged Asian lady (who steals Reacher's heart [Image: dodgy.gif] ), and the bad rednecks doing (very original plot) snuff movies. It was not fun, not easy, and certainly no light read.

warning , spoilers

The book was (very) slow-paced, sinister, depressing... Reacher used complex, half-assed and rather ludicrous strategies to destroy a whole town of red-necks all by himself, sure, rednecks are so stupid (#LondonersSmart, #redneckbad) [Image: tard.gif] - then we have an absolutely disgusting description of the medieval tortures from the snuff movies. No light read at all, all these tortures... Then at the end we have the bad red-neck being fed, agonizing, by Reacher to massive pigs, ouch. So, ok, nice. Please bring back Frederick Forsyth or let's read a good Tonny Hillerman!

So as I said, I could bet the excellent Tom Cruise read the last Reacher book, thought that it was bad and dark and not sexy, and intelligently abandoned ship. There must be better scenarios out there.

In any case, I contend that, in real life, it would be impossible for a super-Alpha warrior like Reacher to satisfy himself with a square plain-Jane middle-aged dour lady who's not even friendly.

You didn't find the one Jack Reacher book you read a fun, easy and light read, no worries, that's your opinion and that's fine. We all like different things.
But the great thing about opinion mate, is that we all have one, and it's exactly that, an opinion, not the truth.
I'm not fussed that you don't rate the books but I'd prefer if you stopped trying to convert the rest of us. You've expressed your opinion, just leave it at that.

Messages In This Thread