rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Who should play (the new) Jack Reacher?

Who should play (the new) Jack Reacher?

Quote: (11-16-2018 09:02 AM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  

I wondered if I could come up with a suggestion for this, so I googled to look for big actors.

I was looking for someone aged 35-40, who was around 6' 5" and 250lbs, as noted above. I was looking for someone with the right look. Some big actors are freaky looking, like Jaws from the James Bond movie. I wanted someone that looks like an ex-soldier. I also didn't want someone excessively handsome, like Chris Helmsworth.

Turns out that every picture I clicked on was a non-American. I think Hollywood is so anti-male and soy that big American guys no longer go into acting, so they end up having to use a non-American when the part calls for a big guy.

It's actually a much trickier problem than you first think. You think it should be easy but it's not.

The front-runners internet-wise seem to be Hemsworth and Jackman. But even these two are just the 'best of a bad job' and aren't the real Reacher. Yes, Hemsworth is too pretty and not mean or intelligent enough looking. Jackman much the same, also he gives off gay vibes. Ray Stevenson is my favourite so far but I haven't seen enough of his acting to be sold on him.

You might be right about the lack of actors in present day America. Also, just to make it even harder, Reacher is from French stock I believe in the books!

From the good old days, I reckon this gentleman would have made a very convincing Jack Reacher indeed!

Big, physically imposing, without gym muscles? (Check)
Looks like a problem solver? (Check)
Blue eyed (Check)
Blonde (can dye it)
Good with the ladies (Check)

[Image: 8x10-Print-John-Wayne-The-Green-Berets-1972.jpg]

‘After you’ve got two eye-witness accounts, following an automobile accident, you begin
To worry about history’ – Tim Allen

Messages In This Thread