rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is there a way to marry a foreign woman without fear of divorce rape?

Is there a way to marry a foreign woman without fear of divorce rape?

If you want to "marry" a foreign girl but live in the USA the only way around divorce laws that I know of is for her to immigrate on her own merits and then you shack up in a non-common law marriage jurisdiction. In Canada, you are fucked because even without a wedding or whatever, if you act like you are married for two years then all the support and property division laws that go along with divorce kick in, although she would not actually file for a divorce per se.

Depending on the jurisdiction, there can be legal ways to "hide" assets such that they are not considered marital property. Certain business assets can be excluded as well as an inheritance. One gambit involves paying off your parent's mortgage or buying them a summer home for when they retire, with the unspoken and paperless understanding that you will inherit it when they die. Otherwise, you need a prenuptial just like any other marriage-like relationship.

If you are trying to hide assets illegally then what is at least as important is to hide your income. I'm not saying this as a how-to guide but I spent 4 years as a divorce attorney, reresented both men and women, and saw all sorts of shenanigans. The hardest guys to pin down in terms of income are independent contractors and entrepreneurs who do a lot of cash business. Where they get caught is on the spending end if there is a paper trail, either of receipts or credit card statement, or assets that seem out of line with their stated income. I had one guy who ran a cash business and admitted to taking some of the money under the table, and then going oUT to dinner or on vacation with the wife and kids using the slush fund. The thing is, wifey claimed that he was skimming about triple of what he was willing to admit to and that difference would have amounted to thousands in additional support payments. On the other side I had a lady whose husband was a subcontractor who owned vatius pieces of heavy equipment. He obviously did cash jobs but it was incredibly hard to pin down what they amounted to or where the money went. Mysteriously, he was unaffected by the recession until she filed for divorce, and then his workload and income dropped by a third.

If a guy skimmed 20% of his gross in cash, converted into a portable hard asset like gold, diamonds or even $1000 bills without a paper trail, and then squirrel it away in a secure physical location, there would be fuck all I could have done as an attorney to track that down. He might get caught after the divorce if he is spending way beyond his reported means (a trope in many a heist or gangster movie) but that is about it.

Again, these are just my observations and you have to consult a lawyer in your own jurisdiction.

As a side note, I live in Mainland China and married a Filipina in Hong Kong. I didn't do specific research because I was never fretting about divorce rape but as far as I know 1) We can't get divorced in Hong Kong or Canada because we are not residents 2) we can't get divorced in China because neither of us are citizens nor permanent residents 3) We can't get divorced in the Philipinnes because - along with Vatican City - it is the only country in the world where there are no divorce laws. That's about as airtight as you can be to get married but not divorced.

Messages In This Thread