rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hypergamy is real: Study suggests less young Finnish men are sexually active

Hypergamy is real: Study suggests less young Finnish men are sexually active

Quote: (11-18-2018 11:43 PM)Kid Twist Wrote:  

Vee, you are a material reductionist. There are many problems with this thinking, mainly, it says nothing and does nothing about the quality of human life, what life is worth living, and why. It rejects the very essence of being a real, genuine human being.

As zerohedge states anyway, on a long enough timeline, all survival drops to zero. The understanding of this, even as a scientific reality, makes your positions about life absurd. Why should I care about gametes at all if they too die ultimately? Your argument would then be let's just have a pissing contest about who's genes last 50, 1000, or 10,000 more years. As if that matters. It doesn't.

I don't reject the material OR the eternal (you do), I'm just asking you to reconsider how 1 dimensional your take is on this.

A few points;

-The soma dies, and the germ line dies eventually...well as you say everything dies. So why care about anything at all? There is no answer to that question at the moment. Why does anything matter! Nobody knows really. You can seek comfort in religion, but those ideas can not be proven, and seem extremely unlikely. I don`t really reject anything eternal. But again that is not something that can be proven.

I am an optimist though, but I have a distaste for fake comfort, it always leads to problems and suffering. I think that if you deal with the real reality, you can in fact improve things. You might not be able to live forever, and I can`t see how that would be desirable either. But you might extend youth a very long time, which I think would be a great result. An addendum here is that those who deem the idea of living hundreds of years on earth, (or even thousands) in good youthful health as crazy and boring etc, at the same time think nothing is problematic with the idea of eternal existence in some post mortem state. I think we should be very glad if nothing lasts forever, as that would be a nightmare no matter what condition or state you are in.

-Ultimately one has to face that there is no apparent meaning in life. Everything you do is equally good or bad. I just derive satisfaction from understanding a little of the context. It fills me with awe really...to connect the dots. Ironically I always criticize reductionist thinking, so I`m surprised you see these ideas as such. Seeing the whole context of how biological creatures function after billions of years of evolution is quite holistic I would say. But I always try to comment in the context of the subject at hand. This in order to be precise, and to avoid going through basically the history of all of life in every comment. So the context was the term narcissism and it`s use, and that`s what I tried to critique.

PS; If people want to drink, eat crappy foods, take pharmaceuticals, let Governments and the powers that be use them like sheep, fuck around and be merry...that`s fine by me. But you can`t then complain about your faith when you later on die in pain from cancer, CVD or some infection. Well you can complain, but it`s not gonna matter. I just want get the hard truth out there one every subject, even if it`s a sure fire way of not making friends. It`s just in my nature.

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory

Messages In This Thread