rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hypergamy is real: Study suggests less young Finnish men are sexually active

Hypergamy is real: Study suggests less young Finnish men are sexually active

Quote: (11-16-2018 03:03 AM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

Quote: (11-15-2018 06:42 PM)Johnnyvee Wrote:  

I think Narcissism is a bad term to be honest. Your offspring are after all the the extension off yourself. So if you see yourself in your children, and you do everything you can to insure they are successful, (same with grandchildren) you can in fact be described as a narcissist! Since you are making sure the only part of you that can survive and thrive, does just that.

Describing your offspring as an extension of yourself is exactly the problem. It reveals how you see the world: yourself as main character, everyone else as background or just an extension of you. Which is fine if all you care about is you. After all, why worry about the supporting cast? They're not the protagonists. They don't have lives as real and authentic and feeling as yours.

When everyone in your society thinks that way, though, you have a serious problem. Also see: why libertarianism as practiced today is no more authentic to early-American settlerism than communists today are ever going to be able to replicate good old functional Marxism or even Stalinism.

Let's be clear about something: you do not survive and thrive when your children live on. You are not your children. At best you're 50% of them, and then it's at a DNA level, which is not determinative. You don't survive death, at best you go on to something else. Someone who believes they're going to "live on through their children" has something wrong with them: it's only children who say their parents live on in them after they're dead.

This is basic biology man. I know it`s hard to deal with for most people, so I don`t expect that people will agree. (No offense.) But really, the soma, or the the body is not really alive. It`s a sophisticated vessel that has the function of propagating the gametes, or the primordial germ line, which is what is really living. If you have to mix human emotions into this, you might even say that we are being "exploited" by our gamete DNA.

Your children are an extension of yourself, whether you like it or not. You love your own children much more than other people`s children don`t you? Why...because they ensure the survival of your line and "yourself" again.
And nobody cares for anyone but themselves. All of natural altruism boils down to survival benefits for the "protagonist" as you say. This goes for caring for the young, as well as extending a favour to a friend. Sorry, but I won`t suffer any religious/psychology (same thing) BS on this subject.

You might also say that the kind of unnatural altruism that is promoted in religion and psychology is a form of propaganda. It`s self defeating and unnatural. A lot of these terms an ideologies come from a certain (((source))) also. And it`s always kept away from the source itself. (New testament Christianity for example.) Check out some of Freud`s anti white male essays also. Psychology is a plague and has destroyed more people than any other institution/school of though that I can think of. Again, consider the (((source))) and the true purpose.

PS; If one is truly an altruist of the kind you are describing, then the best thing to do would be to just kill yourself, since it would give others more space and resources. But I hope you will realize the folly in this illusion. Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution, and the only goal is survival of the germ line. Everything else is smoke and mirrors.

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory

Messages In This Thread