rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hypergamy is real: Study suggests less young Finnish men are sexually active

Hypergamy is real: Study suggests less young Finnish men are sexually active

You can lie and mislead with statistics.

Suppose in 18-24 age group in Finland, 100 men and 100 women.
Group A) 35 men, 20 women have zero partners.
Group B) 50 men, 50 women in LTR, so one partner each.
Group C) 15 men share 30 women, so each man has 4 partners, each women has 2.
The above would produce the chart presented by the OP.

Now all you guys are thinking, I want to be in that group C. But what if I told you the quality girls were all in the LTR group B, because they have no need to prove to themselves or anyone else that they are sexually attractive by mindlessly running up their notch count? Whereas the 30 women in group C are all hideous, blue-haired, tattooed fatties with rings in their noses who proudly paraded themselves topless in the last slut walk? Which implies those 10 guys in group C are not so much Chads as chubby chasers with the unpleasant job of servicing ham beasts.

I'm not saying the above is what is happening, but it is possible. There just isn't enough information in that chart to know what is really going on. You're much better off just looking around and trying to get into people's minds.

My theory begins with the belief that most people, both men (including men on this forum) and women, are mostly driven by the need for validation in everything they do, rather than by physical pleasure/pain. That is, we seek out partner sex, marriage, children, job status, fame, nice clothes, facial beauty, big muscles, big houses and other possessions, public evidence of money, etc primarily to impress other people. By contrast, sexual pleasure, food pleasure, sleep pleasure, etc we seek out for their own sake.

Everyone wants sexual pleasure. If they also want validation, then they satisfy both desires at once with partner sex. But if they don't care about validation, then masturbation is much simpler. My guess is that something has changed in the culture so that many young men are giving up on seeking validation through women. That is, they are giving up on partner sex, as well as marriage and children, and going MGTOW, with sexual pleasure from masturbation. Many women are doing the same thing.

In general, many young people are retreating into themselves and living solipsistic lives. Not everyone, of course, but enough to make a dramatic shift in certain presentations of statistics. I think a lot of people of both sexes in celibate group A could join slutty group C (chubby chasers, fatties) if they really wanted partner sex enough to lower standards. In the past, when people in general were more outgoing, they would have lowered standards, but not any more.

Messages In This Thread