rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

STEM is not worth it

STEM is not worth it

I won't comment on whether you should have a STEM career. If it is what you want you will know.

However, I would like to point out that this is the golden age for learning STEM. When I started college, I had a slide ruler, and the next year got a calculator. The education now is incredible. You can find an answer for any technical question in minutes on the Internet with lucid explanations. Also, you can use Wikipedia to find instantly what any term means. When I was a student, I use to write down all the unknown terms and then at the end of the week go to the library, and lay out a dozen encyclopedias to find the terms. Obviously, the Internet speeds up your education by orders of magnitude.

You can also cheaply buy your own stuff to do your own experimentation. Like in electronics you have the whole Arduino environment. In Chemistry, you can download free software to see molecules in three dimension. There is also a lot of lecture material available. When Coursera was still free, I took several dozen courses, and they were all taught by top instructors in the best universities.

With the resources available today, you should be able to develop much quicker than students just a few decades ago.

Rico... Sauve....

Messages In This Thread