rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

STEM is not worth it

STEM is not worth it

This slightly tangential, but I want to talk about the misconception that STEM = success, while non-STEM = bullshit, low paying jobs.

I majored in a liberal arts major and am currently working sales at a SaaS startup. I make almost 30k more than friends in finance who have CFA's and CPA's, people who majored in biology, and even some entry-level coders and programmers. The market for salespeople is exploding right now. Every company is building out sales development teams. It's a great entry level job -- as long as you make your calls, have decent social skills, and can get meetings you'll make good money. They explicitly look for Political Science and other liberal arts majors too.

Any young cats out there should keep an eye out for tech sales/SDR jobs. I may write a datasheet on it soon. Anyone with a decent college degree and a pulse can do this job and make above-average money.

Messages In This Thread