rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee dies aged 95

Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee dies aged 95

From the age of 7 I'd buy a Spider-Man comic at the newsagents each week then cross the road and wait for the bus to take me to school. I'd sit and absorb every word and picture on the way (often missing my stop). Then once I'd read it cover to cover, I'd spend a week trying to copy all the artwork until the next issue came out.

That exquisite thrill of seeing a new Spider-Man front cover each week just waiting on the news-stand all pristine and shiny, ready for me to buy is a feeling I can still recall now, nearly 40 years later.

Reading these comics was such a great escape for me and I'm indebted for all the joy and education they gave me. Comics are a great educational tool for young boys; my vocabulary and understanding of science came on leaps and bounds due to Stan Lee and his artists.

Anyone who's read my repeated attacks on the way the Marvel movies and comics are going, may be surprised, but I'll always be grateful for what Stan gave me.

‘After you’ve got two eye-witness accounts, following an automobile accident, you begin
To worry about history’ – Tim Allen

Messages In This Thread