rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Re-building Detroit Into The RVF Promised Land ($$$)

Re-building Detroit Into The RVF Promised Land ($$$)

Yeah fuck that place (edit: i'm referring to where the cheap buildings are located, not the whole city of course). It's cheap for a reason. I did a google street view around one of the better houses from OP's post and i wouldn't move to that neighborhood if they paid me. I didn't even need to look up crime stats or racial demographics of that neighborhood. The street view was enough.

If I was going to build a community of like minded men, I would consider the following options:

-Homesteading on a plot of land in a very remote area (Wyoming, Idaho or something similar).
-A desert island
-A cheap city or town perhaps somewhere in Eastern Europe (like somebody mentioned that "digital nomads" are buying $5-20K apartments in some small town in Bulgaria these days to stay there and hang out together).
-As a temporary option, renting a big house or a bunch of houses in a place like Bali or Samui or Pangan or something similar.

Frankly, if I was going to live in a community with like minded guys, I don't think it would be a big RVF community. Perhaps renting a penthouse or a villa with a couple of tried and tested guys from the forum would be cool for awhile, but living permanently in a community of players and wannabee players? I don't think so. To paraphrase one of the guys from the forum, if everybody was an alpha, the world would come to an end. Same thing with a community. Many cool guys here, but this is definitely not a group of people I would be comfortable to leave my GF or wife around if I had to leave for a week or even for a day.

Messages In This Thread