rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

With a Democratic majority in the house, how probable is it for gun-control?

With a Democratic majority in the house, how probable is it for gun-control?

My state passed this crazy gun law, Initiative 1639
Quote:Quote:

Under the measure, no dealer could deliver a semiautomatic assault rifle to a purchaser until:

The purchaser provides proof that they have completed a recognized firearm safety training program in the last five years including instruction on basic firearm safety, secure gun storage, the safety of children and firearms, suicide prevention, safe handling, and state and federal firearm law; and
The dealer is notified in writing by the chief of police or sheriff in the jurisdiction of the purchaser's residence that the purchaser is eligible to own a firearm and that the application to purchase is approved. Under the measure, the chief of police or sheriff must use the national instant criminal background check system established under the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act and other databases and information centers to determine whether a person is eligible to possess a firearm.[2]

WTF? I need a permission slip from my sheriff to buy a gun now? The last time I asked the sheriff's office to purchase something was when I was ordering a suppressor for my fs2k.

An applicant for the purchase of a firearm must sign and deliver an application to the dealer which includes the applicant's name, address, date of birth, race, gender, driver's license number or state ID number, a description of the firearm and manufacturer's number.

The application to purchase a firearm would, under the measure, be required to include the following warning:[2]

CAUTION: The presence of a firearm in the home has been associated with an increased risk of death to self and others, including an increased risk of suicide, death during domestic violence incidents, and unintentional deaths to children and others.[4]

Sounds like those anti-smoking messages they put on packs in germany.

And now a ten day waiting period for buying a semi-auto rifle (ruger 10/22 and up)

Uner the measure, a dealer could not deliver a semiautomatic assault rifle to a purchaser until ten business days have passed from the date of the application for purchase.

And now gun safes/locks are required:

Firearm storage requirements

Under the measure, a person who left a firearm in a place where a prohibited person (someone who is prohibited from firearm possession under state or federal law) could potentially gain access to the firearm would be guilty of community endangerment, a class C felony, if a prohibited person gained access to the firearm. Under the measure, when selling a firearm, every dealer would be required to offer to sell or give the purchaser a gun storage device such as a trigger lock designed to stop unauthorized use of the firearm. Additionally, every place where firearms are sold would be required to display the following sign, in block letters (capitalized) and at least one inch in height:[2]

WARNING: YOU MAY FACE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION IF YOU STORE OR LEAVE AN UNSECURED FIREARM WHERE A PERSON WHO IS PROHIBITED FROM POSSESSING FIREARMS CAN AND DOES OBTAIN POSSESSION. [4]

Under the measure, violators would be guilty of a class 1 civil infraction and could have been fined up to $250.
Age requirements

Hopefully the burglars who break into my house give my a minute while I fumble with keys for my gun lock.

There's more but I'm too irate right now.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Messages In This Thread