rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How many Pullups can you do?

How many Pullups can you do?

Well, I hit the pullup bar at the weekend with the intention of hitting a new PR of 14 so that I could brag about it on here.

For some reason, I decided to record it on my phone for posterity.

I started strong and knew I was going to get 14 even though the last 2 or 3 felt very iffy.

Exactly how iffy? Here's where it got depressing. When playing them back on my phone I was horrified to see that what I though were nice strict, dead-hang pullups looked absolutely dreadful in playback! Truly awful, almost like partials than anything, even though I could have sworn they 'felt' strict!

I stewed for a few minutes till I was recovered then tried it again, this time as dead-hang as I could (no 'bounce') and only got 7.

Very depressing, to think I've been kidding myself for so long. But at least now I'm on the right road. But I'd recommend filming your pullups and having a quick look, otherwise you might be cheating yourself, cos it's easy to think they look good cos they feel good, when in reality you aren't using the full range of motion from extended arms at the bottom to chin over the bar, chest touching at the top.

‘After you’ve got two eye-witness accounts, following an automobile accident, you begin
To worry about history’ – Tim Allen

Messages In This Thread