rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

[Basic Life Skills] Civilian Medical Training

[Basic Life Skills] Civilian Medical Training

I was thinking about doing something like this also because of the mass shootings that happen occasionally. I am not in an area where it happens often but it has happened before. If I were go to Europe this would be something I would take into consideration more seriously making sure to have basic medical stuff in my backpack.

Online you can look up Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) manuals which is what the military is using for trauma care. If you were preparing for something like a mass shooting then hemorrhage control is what you would aim to achieve.

Having something like a Combat Application Tourniquet (CAT) tourniquet can save your life and is what police officers and military people carry on them now and would be considered very basic if you think you might bet shot. It is basically a strap that will stop blood from going to an extremity if you were to get shot in said extremity so that you don't bleed out.

Booboo kits is different from a trauma kit and would include basic stuff like bandaids.

I should also do a refresher course on CPR because it has been so long.

There is a guy on youtube named SkinnyMedic who posts good videos. He posts gear reviews, equipment instruction videos, after action video reports, etc
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhaasx...jpYQ6FMoKw

Messages In This Thread