rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Maryland's new "red flag" law will confiscate your guns if a Tinder date complains

Maryland's new "red flag" law will confiscate your guns if a Tinder date complains

Quote: (11-08-2018 04:51 PM)JackinMelbourne Wrote:  

Quote: (11-07-2018 01:23 PM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Any chance this gets overturned by Supreme Court?

I think states in the USA have their own laws...

...that are subordinate to the US Constitution. It is the reason why the Southern States don't have Slavery any more, when they entered the union once again post civil war, the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments were already part of the constitution. In a similar vein, federal law us supposed to have more power than State laws. That is the reason why people cant smoke weed in places like Denver, without being subject to arrest from one of the many different Federal LEO's. Whether that is practical or not, is another conversation. Having said that, Federal and State Governments have frequently butted heads throughout the history of the republic.

In general, you are right, what is passed in Maryland does not affect what happens in other states, outside of the fact that states take ideas from other states. I am not worried about this two states away in the right direction. Of course I am thankful that this is not a federal law, though I am sure that it is part of the march for the Dems.

As far as whether this can be overturned in the supreme court, maybe. Years from now and millions of dollars later.

"Stop playing by 1950's rules when everyone else is playing by 1984."
- Leonard D Neubache

Messages In This Thread