rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Former slender model gains 10 kg, becomes fatter, Instagram celebrity (NSFW)

Former slender model gains 10 kg, becomes fatter, Instagram celebrity (NSFW)

I can congratulate the gents who preferred the 54kg on-the-left version of a girl (or any slender babe for that matter), for you have an evolved, built-in, excellent mechanism for selecting the females of the highest reproductive potential. Waist to hip ratio isn't a capricious personal preference - it is a very well documented phenotypical marker of prime fecundity and overall health.

The further a female's WHR deviates from 0.7 ratio, the worse. Let me quote just one review article but for a curious man, there is plenty research articles published in estimable, scientific journals corroborating truthfulness of my perspective:

Women with high WHR (0.80 or higher) have significantly lower pregnancy rates than women with lower WHRs (0.70–0.79), independent of their BMIs [48]. Therefore, it appears that the lower pregnancy rate in women with high WHR, compared to women with low WHR, is due to a problem with embryo development and its viability.

In a remarkably ambitious study, worldwide WHRs in female depictions dating from the Upper Paleolithic to modern times were analyzed [75]. Measurements of female WHR were obtained from 330 photographs of artworks dating from 32,000 years (B.P.) to 1999 A.D. from Europe, Asia, America and Africa. Results show that, most frequently, WHR was depicted in the range of 0.6 to 0.7. The most important finding of this investigation is that female WHR depictions have remained relatively unchanged from the Upper Paleolithic to the present day. Taken together, this historical cross-cultural information affirms the claim that preference for low WHR is an adaptive design feature rather than an artefact of cultural influence.

The research summarized in this article validates the assertion that selection designed psychological mechanisms in humans to attend to bodily features that convey reliable information about phenotypic and genetic quality and to judge such bodily features as attractive. WHR is a reliable indicator of a woman’s various aspects of reproductive capacity (postpubertal premenopausal status, hormonal status and probability of conception and parity), early sign of pregnancy, potential parasite infestation and risk for various diseases. Given that WHR is a heritable trait, an ancestral man selecting a mate with low WHR would have assured his offspring of high quality maternal care (lower risk for diseases) and the genetic gift of good health.

If you have a strong preference for women whose WHR deviates substantially from 0.7 ratio, there's something to think about.

Bibliography: Singh, D. Female Mate Value at a Glance: Relationship of Waist-to-Hip Ratio to Health, Fecundity and Attractiveness. Neuroendocrinology Letters Special Issue, Suppl.4, Vol.23, December 2002.

My Adventures in Game updates on the go: twits by Max Detrick

Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

I don’t ever give up. I mean, I’d have to be dead or completely incapacitated.
-- Elon Musk

Messages In This Thread