rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Did I handle her sneaky male friend well?

Did I handle her sneaky male friend well?

I have a "main" I've been seeing for almost 4 months. She's 23 and I'm a few years older. I know she's really into me. For example, I tried to joke that I annoyed by her a few weeks ago and she started crying and everything cause she didn't want to lose me. She wants a relationship.

And until this Tuesday I had never heard of any male friends of hers beside one guy she grew up with.

Suddenly she told me that she was going to hang out with this other guy she hadn't seen in one year and grab a coffee or something. Apparently they went through the equivalent to high school together.

She said that she had told him a few times that it was never going to happen something "more" or sexually between them, they were just friends. This apparently made him upset so he decided to break their friendship and they haven't been in touch for a year. Then suddenly he called her up and apologised for his earlier behaviour and told her that he has changed, and matured and she agreed to meet up with him.

When she told me I just calmly explained to her that I saw no real point in her having this guy around, because at least men are always going to have something in the back of their mind and can't be friends with women.
And giving up contact with her showed his true intentions and it's very unlikely that he has changed so much in just a year and that she should have more self-respect than that.

She eventually became super nervous and was talking about how it was not worth seeing him if it could ruin something between us. So she flaked on him.

But what is the best way to handle this?
In one way I obviously don't want to come across as insecure/needy but in another way I don't want her to grab drinks with some random dude who will try to fuck her. I would not be okay if she was going to start going over to his to watch Netflix or some shit on Friday nights.

She said guy friends could be more fun cause they can talk about more interesting stuff than women and she feels like there's no need to be competitive. She also referred to him as very selfish and social.

I don't get it, what are your thoughts?

Messages In This Thread