rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do I deal with a younger sister turning into a rude person?

How do I deal with a younger sister turning into a rude person?

Quote: (11-03-2018 10:35 PM)LowerCaseG Wrote:  

How about telling her the truth. That for whatever reason her personality is becoming increasingly unattractive to you and if she wants you to be part of her life, she needs to stop being nasty to you or around you. I highly recommend listening to Dr. Laura as to how to deal with nasty people in your family, that's what every other person calls in about. But most likely you just need to accept that you will not have a positive relationship with her anymore. So you can choose either a toxic relationship or no relationship.

Oh, and stop giving her lexuses.

I cut her off a week back, and shortly after she tried to reconcile. I said to her in as nice of a way as possible for her to please do what makes her/happy comfortable and keep in touch (basically an immediate apology on my behalf and a willingness to forgive). She then came back with a low key insult saying I'm the one who wanted to stop talking in the first place. So I roasted the hell out of her for that and hit her where it hurts, and I'm pretty sure she cried like hell afterwards - I never said anything that mean to her. She said it wasn't an insult and said sorry I was upset and thought so low of her.

Couple days later, I asked if she had any desire to come to a mutual understanding and make things right. 24 hours later, no response - she's never done that before. So I said nevermind, and made up my mind to only speak with her during vacations. She's ghosting me on an iphone that I helped to pay for, using a macbook pro I paid for, using high end IEMs that I bought for her, driving my lexus, etc. She's forgotten all that I did for her. That's how women are I guess. Big lesson learned on my part for my future relationships.

The way I see it now, the sweet little girl she was is dead. I don't really recognize her anymore save for when I see pictures of her youth and remember all the good times, when she was affectionate. Nowadays, there are no good times. Guess it's a good lesson for when I have kids of my own. Just going to let go of her and hope she blossoms into a better person as she gets older, otherwise it'll be vacation meetups forever. I'll soon have a wife and kids of my own so this is the natural way, IMO.

Human behavior is tragic on so many levels.

Messages In This Thread