rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do I deal with a younger sister turning into a rude person?

How do I deal with a younger sister turning into a rude person?

Quote: (11-02-2018 11:12 AM)tugofpeace Wrote:  

She has strong family values so I'm not worried that she'll turn out to be a slut, but everything about her points to being a feminist. She's very stubborn, told me that I can't give her any advice on personal stuff, and basically has killed that part of me which is a brother to her. She claims that I messed up her self esteem when she was younger and that I hurt her a lot, but that's the exact opposite of what I tried to do. For example, I would take her out to eat when I visited, pretty much all the time. It was my way of treating/ being good to her - but now she's claiming that she developed a binge eating disorder because of me.

I could write but replace younger sister with younger brother (He's 24, I'm 27).

All of it (aside from binge eating disorder), he would talk about how much better so neighbours friends that they were real brothers even younger so there was always that nasty selfish potential, yet he was often very funny, whimsical, I liked him and brought him places always brought out him out with me and my older friends, I would even say things were better than they ever were by the time at 18 and he was at 16, , and during and after college he got quieter and quiter, walk past you in the hall without looking at you, he spit venom and bile at mum and dad while taking their money, then sent them on trip when finished college which amounted to "ok that's my gift for you paying college, now fuck off and I never have to owe you a phone call again". Its been 7 months since we heard from him, its killing them silently and oh yeah ironically enough his post graduate was human rights.

He was essentially radicalized and no amount of strong values or nurturing could have done it or inoculated him from it. We were the rare kids who went to Mass every Sunday and actually prayed on even weekday nights occasionally when younger. You could see him slowly detach methodically and deliberately, and I was pleading with my parents to see, not look at what I was talking about I was witnessing.

I don't have an answer, except to say any person who lets politics or ideology ruin their relationship with their closest is a mental case, we create our own hells, and if all she and him does is disagree and run from everything that triggers her she is going to have a very lonely life.

In agarian society or more primitive cultures, people like him and her (I hope not) are not exposed to these marxist ideologies and their lack of intelligence is tempered by the humbleness of a religious creed and it keeps the demons at bay, without exposure to that creed, they forget and the insanity/selfishness starts.

Information in the wrong hands, in the minds of the unintelligent will ruin their own lives.

Went to into was room recently at home, "what's that Rules for Radicals, I see"

"Now it all makes sense".

Fuck the modern world and your smartphones, I lost my only sibling.
Fix that motherfuckers.
Oh no, it's exactly you always wanted it.

Progress.

Don't start hoping, let her go, you have literally no control over this, coming from a man who tried it all with my own brother.

Messages In This Thread