rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do I deal with a younger sister turning into a rude person?

How do I deal with a younger sister turning into a rude person?

1. 19 is so young

I know for myself I didn't stop being an idiot and a bit of a dick until my mid 20's

2. She has a lexus and an upscale condo at 19

How do you think you are teaching her the value of money and how hard 99.9% of people have to work and the shit they have to go through in life to afford those things

I'd almost guarantee her attitude and entitlement would lessen if she was left on her own to buy her own car, and pay for her own rent in a shitty apartment

3. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink - this applies to family, friends and strangers

One of the most frustrating lessons in life is that you can give family the best advice in the world, and you are going to watch them completely ignore it and make big mistakes. I've experienced this myself and it can be very painful if you love them.

As you've experienced, some people even get PISSED OFF you're trying to help them because they are coming from a small mindset, and they can't open it enough to see where the decisions they are making are leading them to.

I've found the best approach is to just tell people you love them, you support them and that you're there if they need advice

But, you need to start making people earn your time and money. This includes family. People will take all the time and money in the world from you if you let them.

Start having standards people have to meet and don't let them play the sympathy card on you. Only let them in if they show you through their actions that they respect you and what you tell them.

People will either learn their lesson or they don't at the end of the day. You don't really have much power over which way they go I'm afraid.

Messages In This Thread