rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Google walkout: staff wants 5 new SJW demands met

Google walkout: staff wants 5 new SJW demands met

A few observations:

1) I have never met a bro-grammer in my life - total myth, abetted in part by the HBO series Silicon Valley.

2) H.L. Menken could have easily been talking about the women of tech in his book In Defense of Women, which ironically was intended to be an actual defense of them but today reads more like an indictment.

3) Anyone else notice in the list of demands has nothing whatsoever to do with protesting Google's role as a censor, big brother or globalist multinational? Yeah, neither did I. Of course none of that has to do with impeding the female imperative, so not surprising.

4) I also noticed after walking out, they all walked back in. Paychecks beat altruism every time.

5) The Japanese company (SofBank) that bought the robot company from Google (Boston Dynamics) did so after Google owned it about a year, during which it was headed by the alleged sex-harassment guy at the center of the Google walkout. Wonder if he ever did a white paper on sex robots while there?

6) Google and Facebook in particular are extremely thorough in their vetting process because, well, they can be - they've got your info and there's no clear law against them using it to pre-screen. Of course they'd never admit this, but if for example you show one remotely pro-Trump sentiment in your information (meaning anything to the right of Marx) and you're going nowhere. For those that slip through the cracks (I know a couple), they walk on SJW eggshells every minute of their golden-handcuffed existence. Fuck that.

7) Political sandboxing was what the art community used to be. Early industrialists figured they could throw money at art museums, schools, foundations and causes and that would keep the sniveling artsy types at bay, away from any real power or politics. That firewall didn't hold up over time, apparently.

8) If you thought the Chief Diversity Officer being a white woman was a joke, have a look at her subordinate handling that for their Tokyo Office and imagine her average work day. I couldn't find evidence of anyone working in Google's Tokyo office who is not Japanese - how difficult and utterly useless could a diversity job anywhere in Japan be?

Similarly, imagine the kind of discussions must Google be having with their Japanese team - a cultural brick wall if ever there was one:

"We need you to be more diverse."

"No."

"But, we really need you to hire some non-Japanese."

"No."

"A muslim or two, at least?"

"No."

"A Nigerian? Maybe in the kitchen?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Well, ok, you aren't white; we really can't tell you what to do - can you at least give this guy's daughter a job?"

"Okay. But she sits over there - by the gaijin guy we had to hire for editing website copy."

Messages In This Thread