rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Pemmican - the original energy bar

Pemmican - the original energy bar

If you want to make real pemmican, as in the kind you could survive on forever with no ill effects, the meat must be dehydrated at a low temperature ( I use 95 degrees). This preserves certain vitamins in the meat, vitamin c in particular. Do so at your own risk. I have yet to get sick from it.

The general recipe is one part rendered fat and one part pulverized dehydrated meat. A pound of dehydrated meat requires 3 lbs fresh meat to make, maybe more.

The end result is about 80% fat and 20% protein by calorie, or something like 200 g protein and 255 g fat per pound at 3000ish calories total. Beats the shit out of trail mix for calories and protein content so long as you're keto adapted. It's the perfect keto meal for when you're on the road.

My math might be a bit off compared to some other recipes, but that's about what I figured with store bought rye round and tallow.

Good post, I'm going to try my hand at it this weekend with eye of round and grassfed beef tallow.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Messages In This Thread