rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wearing the Poppy to Honour our War Dead

Wearing the Poppy to Honour our War Dead

Quote: (11-05-2018 06:53 AM)Richard Turpin Wrote:  

To go back to wearing the poppy, it's in the news again with newsreaders and footballers refusing to wear it. Things like this fascinate me, as (like Brexit) they bring out the true thoughts and nature of everyday people you see around you. You get brief involuntary clues and teasing glimpses as to what the battle-lines are going to look like if things ever kick-off in the UK.

Yep, it's reminded me why I hate Celtic fans (not all of them, of course — just the ones who sing songs supporting the IRA and Hamas). I know they're a Scottish team, but they're closely allied with Irish republicanism and it's got a very nasty strain that goes far beyond the jokey nature of Scots English-bashing. It comes out when alcohol is involved, I had a work colleague who was guilty of bringing it up frequently.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Messages In This Thread