rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wearing the Poppy to Honour our War Dead

Wearing the Poppy to Honour our War Dead

Quote: (11-03-2018 05:12 AM)JWLZG Wrote:  

Quote: (11-02-2018 10:53 AM)Hypno Wrote:  

In the U.S., following the Viet Nam war, it was unpopular to support the military. That only changed after Reagan.

(The commonwealth countries were not in viet nam like the U.S. was with the draft, so its a different history)

Now, the miliatary pays the NFL for propoganda and its unpopular to not support the military. There is a great Curb Your Enthusiasm episode last season about this "Thank you for your service".

[Image: gtfo.gif]

Get out of here with that shit, mate.

We Australians lost 521 casualties in the name of that "All the Way with LBJ" bullshit. New Zealand lost 37, I believe.

Far more Australian Viet vets succumbed to suicide than were lost in action. I understand that we take far better care of our veterans in general among the Western world (at the governmental level at least), but the reception they received upon returning home, even from officialdom, was nothing short of appalling. Viet vets were told by WW2 and Korean War veterans "Come back when you've fought a real war" upon attempting to enter an RSL premises (Returned and Services League, our veterans support association).

Furthermore, far more countries (Thailand, South Korea, Taiwan) gave troops to the Vietnam War, and most casualties were Vietnamese. Stop thinking that that war was some all-American oriental excursion.

The commies were supposedly scared shitless of the South Koreans and Taiwanese.

You guys were in Afghanistan and Iraq as well, a platoon or so of Aussies spent a week or two at the base I was at my first deployment. Never went outside the wire with them but the handful I talked to all seemed like solid dudes.

I got my Magnum condoms, I got my wad of hundreds, I'm ready to plow!

Messages In This Thread