rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wearing the Poppy to Honour our War Dead

Wearing the Poppy to Honour our War Dead

This practice is mostly a custom in the Commonwealth/Former B.E. so Yankees may not understand the idea of the poppy.

I like to wear a poppy, and it is good this time of year as veterans, and other military volunteers are out and about collecting donations, so it is a good time to have chats and conversations with them.

When I was growing up and a hardcore lefty and borderline communist I detested the military considerably. Now, as an older, more rational man, I have a great deal of respect for people who serve. I can disconnect hardworking men (and some women) who sacrifice in giving service over the petty politics and machinery that can hijack the military. The institution of the military is important and should be honoured appropriately. Not many careers where you sign up to potentially die and gilded soy people who are haters seem to forget that their comfort and ease of life is made possible by these very folks who sign-up to potentially risk it all.

In this day and age with so many haters. Just telling anyone in the military that you want to thank them for serving will bring a big smile to their face. They get shitted on lots, but they need to remember that they have lots of people that respect what they do out there.

Messages In This Thread