rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Self-improvement has given me "chick standards syndrome"

Self-improvement has given me "chick standards syndrome"

I disagree with the OP.

I've talked to another RVF bro before about this. Here most of us started out having low male SMVs (which was why we found places like RVF) and began improving ourselves to get better women than what we had available, including the "no woman at all" option. After a while on this self-improvement journey, some of us begin to internalise that we have truly arrived at a higher SMV, act accordingly and are often rewarded likewise. However, a significant number of us are still stuck with the same low SMV mindset in the way we see ourselves from before the journey, and the OP is displaying that kind of mindset right now. This puts us in a weird place where objectively we have become higher SMV but we are still getting poor results like low SMV men, or like ourselves earlier. One prime example/reason is that despite our new found SMVs, we still fish in the same low quality pond, hoping to catch the crappy fish with just a bit more ease than in the past.

I said this because I've been there, and thankfully at one point I recognised that I had not internalised my much improved self worth. I was still dealing with women as if I'm the same lower value guy from previously, but with better external values: nicer body, better dress sense, better social skills, good finance etc. It's like wearing a nice fitted custom suit but with a posture still so bad that it looks like you stole it instead of owning it. I started to believe in myself more, and acted like I have it made. I started to really think about what kind of women I truly wanted to give the gift of my time to. I started to say hard no to women who failed my tests, displeased me in any way or committed the worst sin of all: wasting my most precious resource which is my time. I completely stopped paying attention to average/basic chicks and went straight for the beautiful girls that would catch everyone's eyes at social events, and even then I tested them more than they tested me. My friends were shocked at some of the fine chicks that I declined to spend more time or effort with, or dropped, despite having them on hooks. Yet the more I raised my standards, the better quality women I landed. The women I got during those years, which led me to meeting my now wife, were the highest quality - not jut hot but they are feminine and lovely to be around - I ever got. The funniest thing is, all my friends think I'm punching above my weight, while those women think they're so lucky to get me.

So OP, you've made yourself a better man, believe in your values, and go fish in better ponds.

Messages In This Thread