rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Working in stressful jobs

Working in stressful jobs

Stress is in the eye of the beholder. I was a military engineer for a decade and I loved it. I also spent a year as a "bond borrower" where I handled the physical settlement of multimillion dollar transactions, sometimes under tight time pressures.

In the other hand, I got moved to am other desk called "investment advisors" where I was a general trouble shooter for dozens of relatively small clients. I fucking hated it because I had the clients complaining about something fuck up with their account, I had their iadvisors bitching at me, and there was nothing I could do directly to solve the problems do most of my day was spent riding the phone to annoy people in other departments to make the correction.

I also spent 4 years as a divorce attorney and by the end of that I was an alcoholic.

Fuck that. Now I teach English in China and generally work less that 20 hours a week.

Messages In This Thread