rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Working in stressful jobs

Working in stressful jobs

Quote: (10-28-2018 06:39 PM)SteezeySteve Wrote:  

I don't have experience with this career wise but a lot of work I do has been seasonal or on a short term basis. I'd rather work long hours and make better money so that I have cash instead of barely scrapping by. Doesn't matter if you work 5,8,or 12 ours your day is still disturbed so who cares.

After 40 hours though I will say health takes a hit,it becomes impossible to avoid eating out,you cant hit the gym every day,and you sleep less because you still have to do stuff like laundry. That's why the extra hours you put in for that period of time should provide enough income to make things worth it temporarily. No one would say you should work 80 hours a week for the rest of your life,but if you are afraid to do that in order to have more freedom long term that's all you. The life of leisure and freedom that most people only dream of isn't going to come about out of thin air.

I think its more shitty to spend a bunch of time working and having just enough money when you could work slightly more (although this "slightly more" feels exponential) and have extra money.

Maybe its different in Portugal but in the american economy those long hours are worth it. 1000 Euros a month for a college grad sounds horrible,and I understand why you'd be pissed. (Unless the cost of living is cheaper there?) I'm a student and I can make that in two weeks while going to school if the right work is available during certain times of the school year or during the summer working on a beach.

The cost of living here is bad, that's why a lot of people emigrate. For example, you can get a room in Lisbon for 300 euros a month, and this is considered a steal, and Im talking about a room. So Lisbon for example, is Berlin house prices with 1/3 Berlin salaries.

Messages In This Thread