rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Working in stressful jobs

Working in stressful jobs

Quote: (10-28-2018 01:39 PM)Vincent Chase Wrote:  

My view is that having a stressful job slaving away for someone like that is not worth all the money in the world (unless it literally is paying millions).

For that 10-15k extra, of which you would probably pay 50% anyway to tax, is it really not worth having no life whatsover? Even if it's for higher salary you need to balance whether it's really worth it.

It destroys your life, health and your soul.

Why should you suffer any stress and the best years of your life working for any company. You are just a cog in the machine.

Always keep things in perspective, it is all fucking bullshit.

You have no time for outside interests and outside possibilities for business and investments which could get you out of that. In effect they lock you in to your death and you have no oppurtunities to get out.

At worst do it for 1-2 years.

Get out. Fuck it become a teacher in Thailand.

A 20k job somewhere would give a better quality of life.

Let the cucks cuck and run themselves to the ground.

You can live.

I'm sure your point of view is the point of view of someone outside the IT market. I'm also a recently graduated computer engineer like OP living in Spain (a country which is similar to Portugal). Our countries are not doing that well nowadays, this means salaries are low and there are not many opportunities for young people, even thought computer engineering is one of the jobs with the lowest unemployment.

Let me answer OP now: I understand you have joined a company like Deloitte (Consulting Big4). There are 2 reasons why people join companies like this: CV and "learning". Both are bullshit, Deloitte is not fucking Google, no one cares if you worked there or not, this was time ago and about the learning part, unless you join a job where you do nothing you'll also be learning a lot wherever. For sure working everytime for new client, in a new project you won't be learning as much as if you had to develop your own product and sell it yourself, because in this case you will be very perfectionist so the product sells, if you are working for some client you are just motivated by a delivery time

My advice is (and also what I'm doing) join a mid size company (~1k employees), specialize in something you like (IoT, Big Data, Deep Learning, Embbeded, .NET..), keep learning english and move out from Portugal. After 4-5 years of experience you'll earn big money in UK, Germany, etc..

Messages In This Thread