rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Simpson give in to SJWs. Bye bye Apu

The Simpson give in to SJWs. Bye bye Apu

Oh to be the oppressed Indian minority that has highest household income in the country, outpacing the second highest earners by 20k and doubling the income of the evil whites.

If I could put my SJW/pussy hat on for a moment...there are oppressed classes in American society. They're called white Appalachians. Impoverished, poor access to adequate healthcare, poorly educated and poorly funded schools, opioid addicted, etc.. There is a legitimate hurdle anyone from WV, parts of KY, TN, VA, NC, and SC face when they attempt to leave the area. Their accents are 100% a burden that must be shed. No one in LA, NY, Silicon Valley, or Boston will promote or even hire a fully capable person for a position of importance if they're viewed as a hillbilly.

Moreover, deriding people from these areas is not only accepted, but encouraged. They have the worst social mobility of any group in the country and every power that exists nearly actively sets itself to keep these people down.

I've worked in schools systems in central WV, Loudoun Co. VA, and Baltimore.

A kid from the trailer park in Bumfuck, WV with a 34 on his ACT is still going to his local college, maybe drop out after a few semesters because his family can't afford tuition or he sees himself as a warm body not contributing to his family's income so he bails and gets a job to simply not be a drain for four years.

A kid (of any color) from Loudoun with a 29 ACT goes to Georgetown, GWU, or UVA (my alma mater, I'm almost ashamed to say) because his family/school has a pipeline and his life is set up for cruise control.

A kid from Baltimore gets a 25 ACT and manages to graduate with wrap that is only a page gets recruited by Johns Hopkins. Every institution and authority bend over backward to elevate even the most mediocre of the "oppressed" classes. West Baltimore isn't THAT much like The Wire. The drug game isn't the only game in town. Don't be a shithead, be literate, and people will be clamoring to pave the road of your life with golden bricks.

If you want to speak of genuinely damaging stereotypes, look no further than Cletus. .

Messages In This Thread