rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Prepago or typical Colombian

Prepago or typical Colombian

I’m not sure whether the OP has a legit story or whether he’s practicing romance-novel writing.

But, in my years of visiting Colombia, I’ve met two women who had been newscasters on television, one in Valledupar and the other in Popayan. (The one who had worked in Valledupar had a very pretty face, dark hair and green eyes; the one who had worked in Popayan was much more average.)

Neither had earned much money as newscasters, and both were in their early twenties when they worked as newscasters.

I’ve no doubt that a non-insignificant percentage of Colombianas working as newscasters need to supplement their incomes by accepting presents from their novios or through more straightforward arrangements.

My guess on a top-tier salary for a Colombian newscaster is about what Ex-CNN newscaster Claudia Palacios earns: Claudia Palacios returned to a government-owned station in Bogota and caused a controversy when her salary of about $12,000 (USD) per month became public. So, while that’s good money, it’s not rock-star money. And, a couple of other top-tier (in looks) newscasters on Caracol, Jennifer Montoya and Silvana Altahona, have found their way to television stations (Spanish-language stations in Los Angeles and Miami) in the United States.

Messages In This Thread